After installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1, system no longer goes into Sleep Mode
Since installing the Win 7 service pack 1 my system no longer goes into sleep mode, and when I wake it up it starts as if having been turned off? also when my system is closed down and then when I re-start it I get a screen asking if I wish to start in safe
I have not changed any settings or added new hardware, this is due to automatic windows 7 updates, its screwed my system up, thanks Microsoft, I will be disableing future updates, there supposed to help not screw perfectly good working systems?
Keys to the Problem After installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1, system no longer goes into Sleep Mode
Perhaps your computer is using hybrid sleep mode?
As for SP1 -
Installing/Uninstalling Service Packs
Troubleshoot problems installing a service pack for Windows 7
Win7 SP1: Installation tips
Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center
How to uninstall Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for issues related to Windows 7 Service Packs.
Availability of chat, phone or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location.
Some issues may require more advanced support
for which there may be a charge:
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1, system no longer goes into Sleep Mode:
How to Fix After installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1, system no longer goes into Sleep Mode with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: After login to my laptop received RunDLL error \"There was a problem starting C:\\Users\\Public\\MsUpdate\\.......\\Updatelogon.dll The specified module could not be found\" Tech Support,Troubleshoot:After renewing our SSL certificate, we can no longer access https:\/\/secure.domain.com\/exchange,Fast Solution to Error: AirGCFG.exe error on startup,How to Resolve - Al digitalizar un documento sale. No se puede completar operación error 0X00000015. El dispositico no está listo?,[Solved] After restoring Windows 7 system back to factory default, now having performance and Update issues,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator