Boot startup freezes and mouse doesn't work
I upgrade my computer 6 months ago to windows 7 with no problems but 6 months later, I turned on my computer
the windows startup page (the log in page) freezes and it shows the password bar but not the windows icon or the next time i turn on my computer it will
show the startup page with larger screen resolution and my mouse pad not working and when i logged in and try to adjust the resolution, it was already at the smallest resolution.
when the windows startup pages freezes and touchpad falls to work , i irestart the computer and very works normally again but if i restart it again either does 1 or 2
I have a toshiba laptop satellite a205
Keys to the Problem Boot startup freezes and mouse doesn't work
• Was there any changes made prior to this issue?
1. Unplug all the external devices and check if that helps.
2. Check in Clean boot.
In Clean Boot, windows use a minimal set of services and startup programs so that software conflict is eliminated.
To put the computer in clean boot state follow the steps in the article “How to perform Clean Boot”http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Note: Please ensure that the computer is set to start as usual by following the step 7 from the articlehttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
“Tasks that can help improve performance”
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message.
By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Boot startup freezes and mouse doesn't work
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Boot startup freezes and mouse doesn't work:
How to Fix Boot startup freezes and mouse doesn't work with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.22.214.171.124 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.126.96.36.199 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.188.8.131.52 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.184.108.40.206 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: How to Fix Problem - BSOD, No windows updates, solutions given - do not load or work, missing or corrupt files please help?,Troubleshooting:Brother HL 3040CN printer problem- Will print only in black Error,Brand new laptop freezes, is this normal?,How to Fix - C#--how to make buttons attached to a form visible in other classes in the project?,How to Resolve - BOOTMGR Missing - when restarting w\/o DVD?,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work