when browsing history has been deleted can it be retrieved in any way.
i use google for my web searches
Keys to the Problem browsing history
Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!
Once you delete the browsing history, you will not be able to access the the history again.
However there is work around that you can try.
If the deleted browsing history is too important to you then you can try to do a System Restore on your computer.
Here are the steps to do System Restore:
To restore the operating system to an earlier point in time, follow these steps:
Click Start, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then click System Restore in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
In the System Restore dialog box, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.
In the list of restore points, click a restore point that was created before you began to experience the issue, and then click Next.
You may visit the following KB Article link for reference:
When you tell Internet Explorer to delete your temporary files and clear your cache, it's not all deleted.
For whatever reason, Microsoft keeps your internet history hidden.
What you clear out is just a very small part of your history.
With a little typing and a few clicks you can see what very few people see.
Question is, do you want to?
Click on your start button in the bottom left corner.
This will open the run dialogue box.
Type in: %TEMP% as shown in figure 1.
Then select OK.
Click on the UP button once, this will take you to the Locals folder.
Now double click on Temporary Internet Files.
Now double click on IE5.
You will find a file ‘Index.dat’.
You can use the Index analyzers to get the information and should be able to view the browsing history.
I hope that this information helps.
Irfan H, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: browsing history:
How to Fix browsing history with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.126.96.36.199 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.188.8.131.52 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.184.108.40.206 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.220.127.116.11 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: How to Fix Error - Calculated formula in a pivot table?,[Anwsered] Buy visual studio 2012 ultimate from india?,[Solution] Calculating hours between two specific times,Solution to Error: C: Drive Running out of disk space,How Can I Fix - Burning from movie maker?,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work