After installing Windows 7 my DVD drive won't read DVDs
I just installed Windows 7 using the DVD Drive and now it wont read any DVDs.
No matter what disc I put in, I always get the same message- 'Insert a Disc' and it ejects the current disc.
I've already tried updating drivers and uninstalling/rebooting.
I've also already tried using Microsoft Fix It multiple times, but it keeps failing to fix the problem.
The drive is a Plextor PX-800A ATA Device DVD RW drive and I'm running Windows 7 Pro.
Any ideas how to get it working properly again?
Also I already checked for the upper and lower filters and they are non-existent.
Anwsers to the Problem After installing Windows 7 my DVD drive won't read DVDs
Do you have any CD/DVD burning software installed on the computer?
Do you have an option to roll back the driver for CD/DVD drive in device manager?
Step 1: If you have any CD/DVD burning software then uninstall them
See Uninstall or change a program:
Restart the computer once you've removed the program.
Step 2: Get in touch with the device manufacturer to check if there is any firmware available for the device and install it:
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After installing Windows 7 my DVD drive won't read DVDs:
How to Fix After installing Windows 7 my DVD drive won't read DVDs with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: After Windows 7 clean install video drivers will not install and say hardware that worked a mere few days ago no longer exist. [Solved],AGE of EMPIRES III the ASIAN DYNASTIES Tech Support,[Anwsered] After installing Windows 7 cursor is moving backwards,Solution to Error: After Refresh of data, AutoFilter options do not update,Tech Support: After upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate from Home Premium, I cannot locate the task manager.,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?