Wednesday, July 6, 2016

How to Fix Error - Apps Missing after driver update; Can't download apps again from store error code 0x8024402c.?

Apps Missing after driver update; Can't download apps again from store error code 0x8024402c.

I purchased a laptop with Windows 8.1 installed less than a month ago.
Yesterday, I installed drivers for my Canon MX522 printer.
Subsequently, I noticed that nearly all of my apps were missing from the Start screen and also from the apps listing (below
the Start screen).
If I use the Search charm, the apps are still not there.
When I say that nearly all apps are missing, I mean all--not only the apps that I had installed from the Windows Store.
I am also missing almost all of the apps that came preinstalled on my machine.
For example, I am missing almost all of the Windows Systems
apps, like Control Panel.
And again, even if I search for these apps, they do not appear.
Then, when I go into the Windows Store to try to recover the apps that I can (i.e., those I had downloaded), I am unable to do so.
Most of them start downloading and then either just disappear and are nowhere to be found.
For others, I get an error code
0x8024402c.
 Most frustratingly, for some of the apps, the My Apps screen tells me that they are not installed.
However, when I click on the app to reinstall it, it says that it is already installed on my laptop.
It is not on my laptop, however.
Or if it is,
it is no place I can find it since, as I said, it doesn't appear anywhere on any app screen and it doesn't appear if I try to Search for it.
I have researched and tried to resolve the issue with the error code (0x8024402c) with no success.
I am not using a proxy. 
I have tried
   - running cmd prompt as administrator.
I have used stop net wuauserv and then start net wuauserv.
There was no problem.
When I checked the Windows Update through the PC Settings, it seems to be working correctly.
    - resetting the cache using wsreset.exe.
Still couldn't install apps after doing so.
    - checking the firewall.
Every app I am trying to install is marked as allowed to run.
  
I was going to try to perform a clean boot to see if there was a conflict (e.g., from the printer drivers), but I don't know how to log on to my laptop as administrator.
The article on clean boot tells me to do so, but there is no indication of how to log
on as an admin.
(When I got the laptop, it didn't ask me to create a user, but rather asked me to log on using my already existing Microsoft account.
Therefore, I don't know how to create an outside admin account with more permissions.)  
I also saw something about creating a new user.
I assume that means creating another Microsoft account.
I would prefer not to do that, as I already have more than one (though I think at least two are linked in some ways, which doesn't allow me to log in
using one of them). 
I am incredibly frustrated, mainly by losing all of the apps in the first place.
If I had only lost the apps I had downloaded from the store, it wouldn't be such a big deal.
But, having lost basic Windows System apps is a pretty serious problem because it
means I have to through the folders (.e.g, This PC-->C:\-->Computer) just to get basic functionality.
I am also very frustrated at how difficult it is to use the Windows Store and to resolve this issue with downloading apps.
 I hope that someone out there can help me both resolve the issue of the missing apps and figure out how to download other apps from
the Windows Store.
Thanks!

Solutions to the Problem Apps Missing after driver update; Can't download apps again from store error code 0x8024402c.

Download Error Fixer for Free Now

Boot in Safe Mode:

  • Open Run command as previously described
  • Type MSConfig
  • Click on Boot tab
  • Tick Safe boot in Boot option
  • Select Network
  • Click Apply and OK
  • Reboot your system

Your system will boot in Safe mode with Networking. You may now try and open Windows Store and should not see any errors.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Apps Missing after driver update; Can't download apps again from store error code 0x8024402c.:

How to Fix Apps Missing after driver update; Can't download apps again from store error code 0x8024402c. with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Are the Outlook 2013 PST and data files identical to Outlook 2010 files?,How to Resolve - BACKUP NOT SUCCESSFUL?,Autohide favorites tool bar. Tech Support,Solution to Error: Back and Forward Arrows No Longer There,Fast Solution to Problem: autoforms complete stopped working,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?

No comments:

Post a Comment