Sunday, March 27, 2016

Solution to Error: 2010 Word docs t/f'd to new laptop are now 97-2003--help to t/f these back to 2010

2010 Word docs t/f'd to new laptop are now 97-2003--help to t/f these back to 2010

Hello,
 
I just purchased a new Lenovo G580 laptop with Windows 8 64-bit and installed MS Office Professional 2010 on it.
I stored my 2010 Word docs from my old computer by emailing them to my Yahoo email account.
 
When I downloaded them from Yahoo! and saved them to my Documents folder and my Desktop on my new computer, many of them are now Microsoft Word 97-2003 docs with .doc extension.
Some of them are still .docx from 2010; any new doc I create
in my new computer is a 2010 .docx file.
Does anyone know what happened and can anyone tell me how to get these 97-2003 docs back to 2010? I tried to Save As to save as file type '.docx' but it wasn't an option in the drop down.
As an aside, I don't see '.docx' as an option on
any of the docs, and I thought for sure it was there before.
I remember choosing Save As from MS Word 2010 on my old computer and the file type drop down being longer, I may be wrong (maybe I haven't downloaded all the MS updates that I had on my old
computer??)
 
Thank you for your help.
 
P.S.

Keys to the Problem 2010 Word docs t/f'd to new laptop are now 97-2003--help to t/f these back to 2010

Download Error Fixer (Free)

Document extensions do not just change of their own accord and the documents were probably saved in Word 97-2003 format in the first place.
 
If you open one of the documents in Word on your new computer and select Save As from the File tab of the Ribbon and you use the Save as type: drop down in the Save As dialog, the first item on the list will be Word Document (*.docx).
 
Are you saying that is not the case when you use File>Save As?

Check Windows System Requirements

You need to double-check your computer's hardware configuration against the following Microsoft requirements. If your computer hardware is not up to par, then make sure you upgrade where necessary before continuing:

Microsoft Windows Requirements :

  • 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: 2010 Word docs t/f'd to new laptop are now 97-2003--help to t/f these back to 2010:

How to Fix 2010 Word docs t/f'd to new laptop are now 97-2003--help to t/f these back to 2010 with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.

3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related:
Read More: How to Resolve - 123456,789 digit grouping crashes Excel 2007?,Solution to Error: 1.Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Bluetooth Devices.,How to Fix Error - 2 ie icons, one wont open webpages, help!?,20 Minute boot time in fresh Windows 7 install [Solved],Troubleshoot:32 bit IE won't launch unless run as administrator in 64bit ultimate. but 64 bit IE launch just fine.,2007 Excel Need help.,2007 Word and spell check problem,150 HOUR TO BACKUP 200GB TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE,7 Ultimate 24/7 share does not reconnect clients when re-login,64 bit operating system

No comments:

Post a Comment