Does Windows 7 wake from sleep mode when Backup is scheduled to run?
I am having problems with Backup, and I wonder if it is because my computer is set to be in sleep mode when not in use. Is there a setting I don't know about?
Anwsers to the Problem Does Windows 7 wake from sleep mode when Backup is scheduled to run?
By default, if it's time for your regularly scheduled backup and your computer is off, sleeping, or hibernating, Windows Backup skips the backup and
waits for your next scheduled backup.
However, if you want to automatically wake the computer to perform backup, you can use the task scheduler
to schedule a task to wake the computer before the scheduled backup time.
Follow these steps:
1. Click on Start button and type “Task Scheduler” in the start search box and press enter.
2. Select the “Task Scheduler” from the menu and click on “Actions” and then select “Create task”.
3. Click “Conditions” tab and make sure that “Wake the computer to run this task” is checked.
For further information about how to Schedule a task check the article mentioned below.
Schedule a task:
For any standby issue follow the link below for steps and make changes to the sleep and hibernate options accordingly and then proceed with the backup.
Access the link below for information on Automatic backup and changing its settings.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Does Windows 7 wake from sleep mode when Backup is scheduled to run? has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Does Windows 7 wake from sleep mode when Backup is scheduled to run?:
How to Fix Does Windows 7 wake from sleep mode when Backup is scheduled to run? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 22.214.171.12428,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.126.96.36.19933,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.188.8.131.5247,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Troubleshooting:Downloaded SP3, Internet Now Not Working. Help ?,How Can I Fix - Display settings keep changing when I come back from sleep mode?,How to Fix - Distinct nth Value, want to show the 3rd highest distinct value?,[Solution] Does Access 2007 run in Windows 7 64-bit,Solution to Error: Disk manager,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)